It’s day three of the 31 Days of Blogging “craze,” if I can be so irreverent. If you’re looking for days one and two, don’t. I didn’t.
But, I promised myself I’d take on the challenge so I’m here, writing about Awareness. And now it’s late and I’m cranky, wondering where the time went, though I know full well. It has been filled with the stuff of life, stuff that I almost miss the chance to be grateful for when I’m not paying attention. Like…
- savoring the smell of salsa crockpot chicken when I open the front door
- Hobby Lobby exchanging the $10 can of spray that only worked thrice
- the joy of watching a grand-girl in her first season of volleyball
- arms that feel like jelly after a workout
- time spent listening to a friend
- showering in hot water for which I did not have to walk
- how many reds there are in Fall–our burning bush, the sumac on the canal bank, the last of the geraniums
- the pink and white cosmos that has taken over the garden
- a covered patio on which to park my car–and Mr. S who cleared the space
- time to study and a migraine that only threatened
So I pause at the end of this day making time for a moment of stillness, step out of the traffic, someone has said, and tell God thank you.
“Thank you for the nudge to notice, for leading me to gratitude, which leads to…to You.”
Join me? What did you almost miss today today that you remembered in the stillness? For what are you grateful? Share in the comments.